i

i

11.14.2011

Mondays : A Post on Procrastinating

Everyone knows the felling you get Monday morning. When you hit the snooze button on your sparkly, pink alarm clock, causing it to fall off the table and into the trash can. When you trudge down stairs for breakfast, hopping for the enticing bacon you had on Saturday, and are instead met with a cold bowl of cereal. "Welcome to Monday", you say to your self, "Time to wake up from your weekend dream. "

But it doesn't have to be that way.
What if we all made a vow to keep that Sunday feeling of peace and try to let it sustain us through the week. I know it sounds impossible right now, but we have to give it a chance. After all,
With God all things are possible.
So that's why we have to pray. Because prayer is that time set aside for God. Now I don't want anyone getting it in their minds that I m the perfect Christan. I don't pray three times a day or read my Bible when I get up int the morning. In fact, my prayer is spastic and might not even happen every day. The only time I might pick up my Bible is during my Thursday class.
But I have got to try.
Try to start my day with God, and end it too.  I always feel like it goes so much smoother when I do. 
I know that this ma seem a little outrageous to you, and it does to me too. And I know that I've been rambling on about what you should do.
But "should" has another meaning.
There is the everyday "you should clean your room" "you should brush your teeth" Or there is the very rare "the tree should bare fruit" IT SHOULD.
"We should love the Lord with all our heart. soul, body, and strength."
The greatest commandment, and what we are crated to do.
It's up to you what choice you make or what you decide to do.
But at least you have a choice.

P.S. I know this is my second heartfelt post so I promise that there will be more laughing moments in the next post. :)

Books and bubbles, 
Gracie

No comments:

Post a Comment